2. At Laura Sands Copywriting, I take your privacy seriously. This policy covers the collection, processing and other use of personal data under the Data Protection Act 1998 (“DPA”) and the General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”).
3. For the purpose of the DPA and GDPR I am the data controller and enquiries regarding the collection or processing of your data should be addressed to Laura Sands at my address: 23, Admiral Way, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 1QN.
4. By using the Website, you consent to this policy.
Information I collect
5. I will collect personal data on this Website only if you have directly provided it to me with your consent. For example, your e-mail address, name, home or work address and telephone number.
6. Normally you will only provide such details if you wish to sign up for a free e-newsletter or other resources.
7. I also use analytical and statistical tools that monitor details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data (but this data will not identify you personally).
Use of your information
8. I may hold and process personal data that you provide to us in accordance with the DPA and GDPR.
9. The information I collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable me to provide my services to you, and to meet my contractual commitments to you. In addition, I may use the information for the following purposes:
9.1 To notify you about changes to my website that may affect my service, such as improvements or service/product changes.
9.2 Where you have consented to receive such information, to provide information on other parties’ products or services that I feel may be of interest to you;
9.3 Where you have consented to receive my e-newsletters, from time to time, to provide these to you.
Disclosure of your information
10. I may disclose your information to regulatory bodies to enable me to comply with the law and to assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
11. Where you have consented for me to do so, I may provide your data to selected third parties who may contact you about their goods or services that you may be interested in.
12. If you do not want me to use your data for my or third parties’ use, you have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us on the form on which I collect your data, or you can do so by writing to us at the address detailed in clause 2, or sending us an email to Laura(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)LauraSands.co.uk at any time.
Controlling the use of your data
13. If you have given me consent to use your data you can revoke or vary that consent at any time. If you do not want me to use your data or want to vary the consent you have provided you can write to me at the address detailed in clause 2 or email me at Laura(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)LauraSands.co.uk at any time.
Where I store and transfer your data
14. As part of the services offered to you, for example through my Website, the information you provide to me may be transferred to and stored in countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) as I use remote website server hosts to provide the website and some aspects of our service, which may be based outside of the EEA, or use servers based outside of the EEA – this is generally the nature of data stored in “the Cloud”. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for one of our suppliers, e.g. our website server host, or work for us when temporarily outside of the EEA.
16. I do not use or disclose sensitive personal data, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
18. Otherwise, I will process, disclose or share your personal data only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements or legal process served on us or the website.
19. You have the right to opt out of me processing your personal data for marketing purposes by contacting me at Laura(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)LauraSands.co.uk.
20. The transmission of information via the Internet or email is not completely secure. Although I will do my best to protect your personal data, I cannot guarantee the security of data while you are transmitting it to my site; any such transmission is at your own risk. Once I have received your personal data, I will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
21. Where I have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should choose a password that is not easy for someone to guess.
Third party links
22. There are links to third party websites on my website. These websites should have their own privacy policies, which you should check. I do not accept responsibility or liability for their policies as I have no control over them.
24. The DPA and GDPR give you the right to access information held about you by me. Please write to me or contact me by email if you wish to request confirmation of what personal information I hold relating to you. You can write to me at the address detailed in clause 2, above, or by email to Laura(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)LauraSands.co.uk. There is no charge for requesting details of the personal data I hold. I will provide this information within one month of your request.
25. You have the right to change the permissions you have given me in relation to how I may use your data. You also have the right to request that I cease using your data or that I delete all personal data records relating to you. You can exercise these rights at any time by writing to me at the address detailed in clause 2, above, or by email to Laura(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)LauraSands.co.uk.
Changes to this policy
26. I may update these policies to reflect changes to the website and customer feedback. Please regularly review these policies to be informed of how I am protecting your personal data.
Updated April 2018